Heroin worth Rs 2 crore seized in Patna, 5 arrested
Patna: Five people were arrested yesterday for allegedly trading heroin to college students of Patna.
Police has claimed to have seized heroin worth Rs 2 crores along with some weapons.
Manu Maharaj, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) said, "We have seized 2 kilograms heroin which is approximated to be worth around Rs 2 crores. Five people have been arrested in the case, for which police was looking for a long time. Some locally made weapons and around Rs 50,000 cash has also been found with them."
"They used to distribute heroin to students through their fixed intermediaries. They are found to have connections mainly to Ara, Nepal, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu," Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users