Heroin worth Rs 2 crore seized in Patna, 5 arrested
Patna: Five people were arrested yesterday for allegedly trading heroin to college students of Patna.
Police has claimed to have seized heroin worth Rs 2 crores along with some weapons.
Manu Maharaj, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) said, "We have seized 2 kilograms heroin which is approximated to be worth around Rs 2 crores. Five people have been arrested in the case, for which police was looking for a long time. Some locally made weapons and around Rs 50,000 cash has also been found with them."
"They used to distribute heroin to students through their fixed intermediaries. They are found to have connections mainly to Ara, Nepal, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu," Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing