Heroin worth Rs 2 crore seized in Patna, 5 arrested
Patna: Five people were arrested yesterday for allegedly trading heroin to college students of Patna.
Police has claimed to have seized heroin worth Rs 2 crores along with some weapons.
Manu Maharaj, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) said, "We have seized 2 kilograms heroin which is approximated to be worth around Rs 2 crores. Five people have been arrested in the case, for which police was looking for a long time. Some locally made weapons and around Rs 50,000 cash has also been found with them."
"They used to distribute heroin to students through their fixed intermediaries. They are found to have connections mainly to Ara, Nepal, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu," Maharaj said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her