Heroin worth Rs 2 crore seized in Patna, 5 arrested
Patna: Five people were arrested yesterday for allegedly trading heroin to college students of Patna.
Police has claimed to have seized heroin worth Rs 2 crores along with some weapons.
Manu Maharaj, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) said, "We have seized 2 kilograms heroin which is approximated to be worth around Rs 2 crores. Five people have been arrested in the case, for which police was looking for a long time. Some locally made weapons and around Rs 50,000 cash has also been found with them."
"They used to distribute heroin to students through their fixed intermediaries. They are found to have connections mainly to Ara, Nepal, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu," Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India