Heroin worth Rs 2.75 cr recovered in Bihar
Kisanganj: Contraband heroin worth Rs 2.75 crore was recovered from a bus in Kisanganj district Tuesday, a Customs official said.
On a tip off, a joint team of Customs and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) intercepted a bus on way to Jogbani from Siliguri and recovered two pound of heroin kept in a packet under a seat, Deputy Commissioner (Customs) Forbesganj, Jyotiraditya said.
The cost of the seized heroin was estimated at Rs 2.75 crore in international market, he said.
The bus driver and its operator were being questioned about the contraband, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics