Heroin worth Rs 2.75 cr recovered in Bihar
Kisanganj: Contraband heroin worth Rs 2.75 crore was recovered from a bus in Kisanganj district Tuesday, a Customs official said.
On a tip off, a joint team of Customs and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) intercepted a bus on way to Jogbani from Siliguri and recovered two pound of heroin kept in a packet under a seat, Deputy Commissioner (Customs) Forbesganj, Jyotiraditya said.
The cost of the seized heroin was estimated at Rs 2.75 crore in international market, he said.
The bus driver and its operator were being questioned about the contraband, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice