Heroin worth Rs 2.75 cr recovered in Bihar
Kisanganj: Contraband heroin worth Rs 2.75 crore was recovered from a bus in Kisanganj district Tuesday, a Customs official said.
On a tip off, a joint team of Customs and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) intercepted a bus on way to Jogbani from Siliguri and recovered two pound of heroin kept in a packet under a seat, Deputy Commissioner (Customs) Forbesganj, Jyotiraditya said.
The cost of the seized heroin was estimated at Rs 2.75 crore in international market, he said.
The bus driver and its operator were being questioned about the contraband, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened