High alert in Bihar following Maoists threat
Patna: After receiving intelligence reports that the Maoists are planning to blow up railway installations, security has been tightened in Bihar.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel frisked passengers and checked their luggage with bomb detection devices, and stepped up patrolling of platforms as a part of the drill.
Officials said a high alert was ordered since there was information that some anti-social elements from neighbouring Nepal had sneaked into the city.
"We are searching railway tracks. A high alert has been issued after observing the activities of Maoist rebels. We also received information that some anti-social elements sneaked in the region that is why we tightened the security," said Santosh Kumar, RPF official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents