High alert in Bihar following Maoists threat
Patna: After receiving intelligence reports that the Maoists are planning to blow up railway installations, security has been tightened in Bihar.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel frisked passengers and checked their luggage with bomb detection devices, and stepped up patrolling of platforms as a part of the drill.
Officials said a high alert was ordered since there was information that some anti-social elements from neighbouring Nepal had sneaked into the city.
"We are searching railway tracks. A high alert has been issued after observing the activities of Maoist rebels. We also received information that some anti-social elements sneaked in the region that is why we tightened the security," said Santosh Kumar, RPF official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir