Home Guard dies after being beaten up by colleague
Gopalganj: A home guard, who was beaten up mercilessly by his colleagues on duty here four days back, died in a hospital in Patna, police said on Tuesday.
Balindu Yadav (45), beaten up severely by his colleagues on May 24 on duty, succumbed to his injuries at the Patna Medical College Hospital last night, Superintendent of Police Nirmala Kumari said.
Angry over the death, relatives of Yadav and residents of his native village Gajadhar blocked Meerganj-Gopalganj highway for several hours.
The blockade was lifted after police intervened and assured action against the culprits, Kumari said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons by Yadav`s relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray