Home Guard dies after being beaten up by colleague
Gopalganj: A home guard, who was beaten up mercilessly by his colleagues on duty here four days back, died in a hospital in Patna, police said on Tuesday.
Balindu Yadav (45), beaten up severely by his colleagues on May 24 on duty, succumbed to his injuries at the Patna Medical College Hospital last night, Superintendent of Police Nirmala Kumari said.
Angry over the death, relatives of Yadav and residents of his native village Gajadhar blocked Meerganj-Gopalganj highway for several hours.
The blockade was lifted after police intervened and assured action against the culprits, Kumari said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons by Yadav`s relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review