Home Guard dies after being beaten up by colleague
Gopalganj: A home guard, who was beaten up mercilessly by his colleagues on duty here four days back, died in a hospital in Patna, police said on Tuesday.
Balindu Yadav (45), beaten up severely by his colleagues on May 24 on duty, succumbed to his injuries at the Patna Medical College Hospital last night, Superintendent of Police Nirmala Kumari said.
Angry over the death, relatives of Yadav and residents of his native village Gajadhar blocked Meerganj-Gopalganj highway for several hours.
The blockade was lifted after police intervened and assured action against the culprits, Kumari said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons by Yadav`s relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users