Home Guard dies after being beaten up by colleague
Gopalganj: A home guard, who was beaten up mercilessly by his colleagues on duty here four days back, died in a hospital in Patna, police said on Tuesday.
Balindu Yadav (45), beaten up severely by his colleagues on May 24 on duty, succumbed to his injuries at the Patna Medical College Hospital last night, Superintendent of Police Nirmala Kumari said.
Angry over the death, relatives of Yadav and residents of his native village Gajadhar blocked Meerganj-Gopalganj highway for several hours.
The blockade was lifted after police intervened and assured action against the culprits, Kumari said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons by Yadav`s relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning