Homeguard sentenced to lifer in Madhepura
Madhepura: A local court on Sunday sentenced a homeguard to life sentence for murdering a man and injuring three others two years ago.
The Fast Track Court- V judge Yogesh Narayan Singh sentenced Omprakash to life imprisonment after finding him guilty of the cgarge that he had shot dead a man and injured three others at Singheswar temple area on July 28, 2010.
According to prosecution, Om Prakash had fired from his service rifle on some people following a squabble with them in which one Vishnu Narayan Sah died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users