Hooch tragedy claims seven lives in Gaya district
Gaya: In another hooch tragedy in Bihar, seven persons died while several others were taken ill after consuming spurious liquor in the district, police said Tuesday.
While five persons died in Ram Bhuin toli, two others died in Shastri nagar Bhuin toli last night due to complications arising after drinking illicit liquor, the police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rakesh Dubey said.
The victims were identified as Tulu Manjhi, Mahgu Ram, Shanti Devi, Nunu Manjhi, Ramawtar Manjhi, Devendra Manjhi and Bashanti Devi, the police said.
With this, the toll in the twin hooch tragedies in the state, one in Bhojpur district and the second incident in Gaya districts, have touched 27.
Spurious liquor in Bhojpur district had claimed 20 lives while 15 others were taken ill with two persons suffering visual impairment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble