Hooch tragedy claims seven lives in Gaya district
Gaya: In another hooch tragedy in Bihar, seven persons died while several others were taken ill after consuming spurious liquor in the district, police said Tuesday.
While five persons died in Ram Bhuin toli, two others died in Shastri nagar Bhuin toli last night due to complications arising after drinking illicit liquor, the police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rakesh Dubey said.
The victims were identified as Tulu Manjhi, Mahgu Ram, Shanti Devi, Nunu Manjhi, Ramawtar Manjhi, Devendra Manjhi and Bashanti Devi, the police said.
With this, the toll in the twin hooch tragedies in the state, one in Bhojpur district and the second incident in Gaya districts, have touched 27.
Spurious liquor in Bhojpur district had claimed 20 lives while 15 others were taken ill with two persons suffering visual impairment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says