Hooch tragedy claims seven lives in Gaya district
Gaya: In another hooch tragedy in Bihar, seven persons died while several others were taken ill after consuming spurious liquor in the district, police said Tuesday.
While five persons died in Ram Bhuin toli, two others died in Shastri nagar Bhuin toli last night due to complications arising after drinking illicit liquor, the police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rakesh Dubey said.
The victims were identified as Tulu Manjhi, Mahgu Ram, Shanti Devi, Nunu Manjhi, Ramawtar Manjhi, Devendra Manjhi and Bashanti Devi, the police said.
With this, the toll in the twin hooch tragedies in the state, one in Bhojpur district and the second incident in Gaya districts, have touched 27.
Spurious liquor in Bhojpur district had claimed 20 lives while 15 others were taken ill with two persons suffering visual impairment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!