Howrah-Amritsar Express looted in Bihar
Jamui: Armed robbers looted cash and valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh from passengers of the 3049 Howrah Amritsar Express near Simultala railway station in Bihar`s Jamui district last night, police said Monday.
The dacoits numbering about 25 reportedly boarded the train at Simultala RPT Simultala station when it had stopped there and started looting passengers of one coach after
It could not be immediately confirmed how many coaches were looted, but one of them was an A/C coach, Eastern Railway sources in Kolkata, its headquarters.
The robbers pulled the chain and alighted from the train between Simultala and Lahaban station under Asansol division of Eastern Railway, official sources said.
The train was remained stranded there for over two hours before resuming journey to Jhajha, where an FIR was lodged.
The incident came barely 48 hours after dacoits assaulted and looted passengers of 3111 up Sealdah-New Delhi Lal Quila Express in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, injuring 21
people including a GRP personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito