Howrah-Amritsar Express looted in Bihar
Jamui: Armed robbers looted cash and valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh from passengers of the 3049 Howrah Amritsar Express near Simultala railway station in Bihar`s Jamui district last night, police said Monday.
The dacoits numbering about 25 reportedly boarded the train at Simultala RPT Simultala station when it had stopped there and started looting passengers of one coach after
It could not be immediately confirmed how many coaches were looted, but one of them was an A/C coach, Eastern Railway sources in Kolkata, its headquarters.
The robbers pulled the chain and alighted from the train between Simultala and Lahaban station under Asansol division of Eastern Railway, official sources said.
The train was remained stranded there for over two hours before resuming journey to Jhajha, where an FIR was lodged.
The incident came barely 48 hours after dacoits assaulted and looted passengers of 3111 up Sealdah-New Delhi Lal Quila Express in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, injuring 21
people including a GRP personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?