HRD most sought after department in terms of RTI queries
Patna: A total 20 per cent of the
applications under the Right to Information Act were directed
to the human resources department (HRD) in Bihar on
education-related activities, state Information Commission
Secretary B B Pandey said today.
Of the total 3295 RTI applications received in 2008-09,
597 of them were directed at HRD, he said here.
The Cabinet Secretariat department received 244
applications under RTI, while the personnel and administrative
reforms department had 211 queries, he said.
The Health Department (188), Rural Works Department
(159), food and consumer protection department (143) and
Panchayati Raj department (140) were among the other
departments to get a large number of RTI applications.
The Home Department received 120, energy department 107,
social welfare department 102 and the cooperative department
101 applications, he said.
Meanwhile, the state government`s decision to popularise
the RTI Act by enabling the people to ask questions to the
concerned department over telephone has evoked good response
with 16598 people availing the facility in 2009-10 of which
8838 applications have been disposed of.
Bihar is the only state in the country to allow RTI
applications via telephone, official sources said adding the
facility was launched in January under `Jankari` scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25