HRD most sought after department in terms of RTI queries
Patna: A total 20 per cent of the
applications under the Right to Information Act were directed
to the human resources department (HRD) in Bihar on
education-related activities, state Information Commission
Secretary B B Pandey said today.
Of the total 3295 RTI applications received in 2008-09,
597 of them were directed at HRD, he said here.
The Cabinet Secretariat department received 244
applications under RTI, while the personnel and administrative
reforms department had 211 queries, he said.
The Health Department (188), Rural Works Department
(159), food and consumer protection department (143) and
Panchayati Raj department (140) were among the other
departments to get a large number of RTI applications.
The Home Department received 120, energy department 107,
social welfare department 102 and the cooperative department
101 applications, he said.
Meanwhile, the state government`s decision to popularise
the RTI Act by enabling the people to ask questions to the
concerned department over telephone has evoked good response
with 16598 people availing the facility in 2009-10 of which
8838 applications have been disposed of.
Bihar is the only state in the country to allow RTI
applications via telephone, official sources said adding the
facility was launched in January under `Jankari` scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown