Huge cache of arms recovered during anti-Maoist operation
Munger: A huge haul of explosives, including five Improvised Explosive Devices and 70 hand grenades, were recovered during an anti-Maoist operation in Naxal-hit Munger district Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of several Maoists, police led by SP Navin Kumar recovered the huge cache of arms during operation "Green hunt", he said.
The Maoists, however, managed to flee.
During the operation, there was an exchange of fire between security forces and the ultras, the officer said.
In 2005, the then SP K C Surendra Babu and six other other policemen were killed in a landmine attack by the Maoists in the same Bheem Bandh forest area.
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state