Huge cache of explosives seized in Bihar’s Munger
Munger: A huge cache of explosives, including
2,500 kg ammonium nitrate, 5000 dynamites, 300 detonators,
besides 10 bundles of fuse wires, was seized by police from
Bakarpur in Bihar`s Munger town Saturday, police said.
On a tip-off, a police team led by Superintendent of
Police M Sunil Naik Naik raided a house at Bakarpur this
morning and seized the explosives.
One person, identified as Mohammed Sattar, was arrested
during the raids, the SP said.
It is suspected that the explosive was meant for supply
to Maoists as Munger is one among the Naxal-hit districts in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'