Huge explosive seized, 3 naxalites held in Bihar
Gaya: Police arrested three Naxalites and
seized huge quantity of explosives in Bihar`s Gaya and
Jehanbad districts late last night, the police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, police team assisted by the Special
Task Force of Bihar police raided three places under Delha
police station in Gaya district last night, City SP Satyavir
Singh told a news agency.
Police seized five drums (500 quintals) explosive, besides
three country-made pistols amd cash worth Rs 4.75 lakh during
the operations, he said.
Police also raided some areas in adjoining Jehanabad
district and picked up five suspected naxalites who were being
interrogated, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!