Huge quantity of explosives seized in Bihar
Sasaram: In a huge haul, 1,200 gelatin sticks, 4,225 detonators and 15 kg of ammonium nitrate were recovered allegedly from the possession of a man who was arrested from Karbandiya Chandani Chow area of Rohtas district Thursday.
The huge quantity of explosives were seized during a raid in the area in the wee hours, Superintendent of Police Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
The arrested person was identified as one Dhanji Paswan.
"We are investigating whether the explosives were meant to be supplied to the Maoists or people indulging in illegal mining," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security