Huge quantity of explosives seized in Bihar
Sasaram: In a huge haul, 1,200 gelatin sticks, 4,225 detonators and 15 kg of ammonium nitrate were recovered allegedly from the possession of a man who was arrested from Karbandiya Chandani Chow area of Rohtas district Thursday.
The huge quantity of explosives were seized during a raid in the area in the wee hours, Superintendent of Police Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
The arrested person was identified as one Dhanji Paswan.
"We are investigating whether the explosives were meant to be supplied to the Maoists or people indulging in illegal mining," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley