Hundreds of Bihar junior doctors strike work
Patna: Hundreds of junior doctors in Bihar went on an indefinite strike Monday, demanding action against a Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) legislator and his bodyguard who fired at three interns of a hospital in Gaya district.
Three interns of the Anugrah Narain Magadh Medical College Hospital (ANMCH) in Gaya, about 100 km from here, were injured Sunday night when the security guard of opposition RJD legislator Surendra Prasad Yadav fired at them after a scuffle over the treatment of a woman patient.
According to police officials, some supporters of Yadav manhandled doctors at the emergency ward over the treatment of a woman patient. After doctors protested, some supporters threatened them and Yadav`s security guard opened fire, injuring three interns.
Soon, relatives of other patients and locals joined the protesting doctors and torched a police jeep.
The functioning of the ANMCH was paralysed late Sunday night following the incident and the doctors struck work, demanding action against Yadav and his security guard.
Doctors of the Patna Medical College and Hospital here and Nalanda Medical College and Hospital also went on strike to protest the incident.
According to reports reaching here, medicos of Bhagalpur Medical College and Hospital have also joined the strike.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview