Hundreds of Bihar junior doctors strike work
Patna: Hundreds of junior doctors in Bihar went on an indefinite strike Monday, demanding action against a Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) legislator and his bodyguard who fired at three interns of a hospital in Gaya district.
Three interns of the Anugrah Narain Magadh Medical College Hospital (ANMCH) in Gaya, about 100 km from here, were injured Sunday night when the security guard of opposition RJD legislator Surendra Prasad Yadav fired at them after a scuffle over the treatment of a woman patient.
According to police officials, some supporters of Yadav manhandled doctors at the emergency ward over the treatment of a woman patient. After doctors protested, some supporters threatened them and Yadav`s security guard opened fire, injuring three interns.
Soon, relatives of other patients and locals joined the protesting doctors and torched a police jeep.
The functioning of the ANMCH was paralysed late Sunday night following the incident and the doctors struck work, demanding action against Yadav and his security guard.
Doctors of the Patna Medical College and Hospital here and Nalanda Medical College and Hospital also went on strike to protest the incident.
According to reports reaching here, medicos of Bhagalpur Medical College and Hospital have also joined the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy