`Hunkar Rally` to change Bihar`s political landscape: Prasad
Patna: Launching a broadside on its former ally the JD(U), the BJP on Wednesday claimed that the `Hunkar Rally` of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here on October 27, would "change the political landscape" of Bihar.
"An unprecedented large crowd will turn up at the historic Gandhi Maidan here next Sunday to hear the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate knowing fully well that he represents development and good governance and trust him to take the country on the path of growth and ensure security," senior BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
The turn-out at Modi`s rally in Hyderabad, Trichy, Rewari and Devi was record breaking and the same will hold true for Patna on Sunday, he said.
"The `Hunkar Rally` would go down in history as the biggest in the state," he said and claimed that "there would be profound change in the political landscape of Bihar after the rally."
With the Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his decision to split from the BJP-led NDA earlier this year likely to figure prominently in Modi`s speech at the rally, Prasad mounted a frontal attack on the JD(U) leader by asking him as to why he has not held rally after severing ties with the NDA or travelled to any part of the state since taking such a decision.
"Kumar knows that there is a strong discontent brewing against him for betraying the mandate of the people," he claimed.
He also took strong exception to the Chief Minister`s "circus" remark on Modi`s rallies across the country and for describing the BJP as a "confused party" and said that the people will teach him a lesson in the elections for making derisive comments against adversaries.
Prasad also charged Kumar with colluding with the Congress for survival of his government in Bihar and said that Kumar has not been saying anything on the Congress and corruption during the UPA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers