Hunt for Maoists who killed five in Bihar
Patna: Security forces launched a massive combing operation against Maoists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district on Thursday, a day after five people, including three policemen, were killed when rebels attacked the camp of a construction firm, police officials said.
"Security forces have launched an operation to nab Maoists and to take action against them," Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravinder Kumar said.
Additional security forces including those from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were moved from neighbouring districts and are now engaged in combing operation against Maoists, Kumar said.
More than 250 Maoists on Wednesday night attacked the base camp of the construction company near Goh in Aurangabad district, about 150 km from here.
According to Rituraj Singh, a police official in charge of Goh police station, three special auxiliary police (SAP) personnel and two men of a private security agency hired by the construction company were killed in the attack.
Singh said that Maoists tried to destroy a bridge over river Balaru near Goh.
Police officials said that the Maoist attack on the base camp of the construction firm is connected with its refusal to pay levy as demanded by them.
Police personnel were deployed at the base camp after CRPF personnel engaged in anti-Maoist operations in the area were withdrawn and shifted to Bodh Gaya after serial bomb blasts at the revered Mahabodhi temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah