I am not going to be a minister: Paswan
Patna: LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
said he was not in the race for a berth in the Manmohan
Singh cabinet whenever the reshuffle takes place.
"I am not not going to be a minister," Paswan told
reporters when approached for his comment on his party getting
close to the Congress after its decision to support Congress
nominee Ramcharitra Yadav in the Purnia assembly bypoll.
"I also fail to comprehend the notion that there has
been any distance between the LJP and the Congress," he said.
"We decided to support the Congress nominee in Purnia
to defeat the communal forces represented by the BJP," he said
and ruled out a rift in the old ties between the LJP and RJD.
Paswan, the lone MP of his party, said he would raise
the issue of Forbesganj firing during the forthcoming monsoon
session of Parliament.
He said an LJP delegation would also call on President
Pratibha Patil on July 7 to submit a memorandum against the
"unprovoked and unwarranted" firing by men in uniform.
Paswan said he had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
National Human Rights Commission chairman K G Balakrishnan and
National Minorities Commission chairman Wazahat Habibullah to
inform them about the firing.
Stating that the Forbesganj incident involving death
of four Muslims turned an international issue, he reiterated
his party`s demand for a CBI probe into the firing.
Paswan opposed the fuel price hike by the Centre and
said he would express his views on the subject tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation