I am ready to face any acid test: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday told Opposition members that he was ready ``to face any acid test`` in the context of IT raids on a senior leader of his party.
Intervening in the debate on the budgetary demands of
the state home department in the state assembly, Kumar said
the opposition members raised the issue of I T raids on the
commercial establishment of Vinay Sinha, a businessman, who is
also the treasurer of the state JD(U).
"It is unfortunate that the issue has been raised in the
house against a man who is not a member of the House", Kumar
said adding he was ready for facing any acid test on the
The IT sleuths had early last week seized unaccounted
cash worth around Rs five crore from the establishment of
Vinay Sinha, who was also an MLC earlier.
The Chief Minister said the state home department and
police department had nothing to do with the raids. "Such a
matter has been brought by the opposition in the state
assembly is not justified", he said.
Chief Minister also accused the opposition of its `Hit
and Run` approach as they will say something here and
something else to the media.
"I believe in my Karma and I know my duty well and also
know my own conscience... I don`t require clarifying my
position", he said.
"I am also ready to face a probe by an independent
agency during his tenure as railway minister about any
tender", he said adding "I will never mind even leaving
politics if any official or employee makes it clear that
something has been writtent for tenders or contracts when I
was at Rail Bhavan".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog