I will break BJP-JD(U) ties using people`s power: Lalu
Lakhisarai: Terming the alliance between NDA partners JD-U and BJP in Bihar as "incompatible", RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday claimed he would break the ties "using people`s power".
Referring to the reported strain in relations between the two parties on ideological issues, Prasad said, "The alliance between JD(U) and BJP has been incompatible from the very beginning."
The pronouncement by the two parties on contesting all 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar indicates the lack of compatibility between the two alliances, he told a public meeting during his `Parivartan Yatra` in Lakhisarai district.
"BJP was a political mask of the Sangh Parivar and JD(U) entered into the `incompatible alliance` to throw RJD out of power in the state," Prasad said, adding he will "return the favour" by breaking the alliance.
"I will use people`s power to break the alliance between BJP and JD(U) much to the relief of the two parties in question," he said.
Prasad charged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar with `cheating` the people of Bihar by giving them illusory hope of better days and said his `Adhikar Yatra` on the special status issue was yet another `lolipop` to the people to get their votes in the next general elections slated for 2014.
Claiming that people have read into the `sinister agendas` of Kumar`s campaign, he said the protests during the `Adhikar Yatra` was a manifestation of the public anger against the NDA government.
The contractual teachers were throwing slippers at Kumar as their footwear have worn out running from pillar to post to get their salaries, Prasad said, adding other sections of the society too were up in arms against the state government.
Prasad slammed Kumar for adopting alleged repressive measures to suppress public protests.
"A leader who claims to have taken out Adhikar Yatra to get the due rights of the state has himself taken away the democratic right of protest by the people," he said.
The RJD chief also took a dig at Kumar for allegedly directing officials to remove umbrellas and other articles which were black in colour from the people during his Adhikar Rally programmes. "Then the hair of the people attending Kumar`s meetings would also have to be cut."
About Kumar`s jibe that Prasad was travelling on roads built by the NDA government to take out his `Parivartan Yatra`, Prasad said those were built with central funds during the UPA rule with a RJD leader in charge of the ministry that constructed the roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!