IAC to embark on wider mass contact programme
Patna: Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong Lokpal, today said its members would start a wider contact programme in the state from tomorrow.
"Our activists will visit every village and town in the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare against corruption," state IAC convenor Sanjay Kumar Dutta said.
Hazare`s supporters undertook a padyatra from Maurya Lok complex to Kargil chowk here this morning in protest against yesterday`s police action against Anna and his aides in New Delhi.
State unit of IAC had yesterday held fast and demonstrations at various places in the state to protest against arrest of Anna Hazare.
The IAC members also brought out protest marches in Purnia, Muzaffarpur and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie