IAC to embark on wider mass contact programme
Patna: Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong Lokpal, today said its members would start a wider contact programme in the state from tomorrow.
"Our activists will visit every village and town in the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare against corruption," state IAC convenor Sanjay Kumar Dutta said.
Hazare`s supporters undertook a padyatra from Maurya Lok complex to Kargil chowk here this morning in protest against yesterday`s police action against Anna and his aides in New Delhi.
State unit of IAC had yesterday held fast and demonstrations at various places in the state to protest against arrest of Anna Hazare.
The IAC members also brought out protest marches in Purnia, Muzaffarpur and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday