IAC to embark on wider mass contact programme
Patna: Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong Lokpal, today said its members would start a wider contact programme in the state from tomorrow.
"Our activists will visit every village and town in the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare against corruption," state IAC convenor Sanjay Kumar Dutta said.
Hazare`s supporters undertook a padyatra from Maurya Lok complex to Kargil chowk here this morning in protest against yesterday`s police action against Anna and his aides in New Delhi.
State unit of IAC had yesterday held fast and demonstrations at various places in the state to protest against arrest of Anna Hazare.
The IAC members also brought out protest marches in Purnia, Muzaffarpur and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi