`ICU in all 38 Bihar districts in next six months`
Patna: In an effort to strengthen Bihar`s health infrastructure, the government aims to setup fully equipped Intensive Care Units for distressed patients in all 38 districts in the next six months.
ICUs have already been built in 23 districts while in the rest 15, these would be established in the next six months, State Health Minister Ashwani Choubey said in the Legislative Assembly.
The minister said ICUs fitted with all the necessary equipment and which are employing trained doctors have already been made functional in Patna, Madhubani, Purnea and Katihar.
A sum of Rs 76.77 lakh has been provided to all the units for purchasing necessary equipments like Oxygen cylinders, needed to render immediate medical assistance to critical patients suffering from heart attack, he said.
In view of the shortage of heart specialists, the medicine department was provided training to render emergency services to critical patients.
All the ICUs would have 4-6 beds to cater to emergency patients, he added.
Due to the efforts of the state government, the average number of patients visiting government hospitals per month has increased to 9,317 in 2011 from 3,077 in 2007. The bed occupancy rate has also increased from 22.6 per cent in 2009-10 to 77.1 percent in 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark