Illegal mini-gun factory unearthed, three held
Nawada (Bihar): The Special Task Force (STF) and local police on Tuesday unearthed an illegal mini-gun factory in a village under Akbarpur police station area in Bihar`s Nawada district and arrested three persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, the STF and local police, in a joint operation, raided a house in Gosain Bigha village and found the factory, DSP Shaharyar Akhtar said.
Two dozen barrels, three semi-processed pistols and many equipment used for processing weapons were seized from the unit, he said.
Three persons, identified as Mewalal Vishwakarma, Pradesh Vishwakarma and Rajiv Vishwakarma were arrested from the spot.
Mewalal has been arrested and jailed in the past too for processing illicit weapons and was out on bail, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users