Illegal mini-gun factory unearthed, three held
Nawada (Bihar): The Special Task Force (STF) and local police on Tuesday unearthed an illegal mini-gun factory in a village under Akbarpur police station area in Bihar`s Nawada district and arrested three persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, the STF and local police, in a joint operation, raided a house in Gosain Bigha village and found the factory, DSP Shaharyar Akhtar said.
Two dozen barrels, three semi-processed pistols and many equipment used for processing weapons were seized from the unit, he said.
Three persons, identified as Mewalal Vishwakarma, Pradesh Vishwakarma and Rajiv Vishwakarma were arrested from the spot.
Mewalal has been arrested and jailed in the past too for processing illicit weapons and was out on bail, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video