Illegal mini-gun factory unearthed, three held
Nawada (Bihar): The Special Task Force (STF) and local police on Tuesday unearthed an illegal mini-gun factory in a village under Akbarpur police station area in Bihar`s Nawada district and arrested three persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, the STF and local police, in a joint operation, raided a house in Gosain Bigha village and found the factory, DSP Shaharyar Akhtar said.
Two dozen barrels, three semi-processed pistols and many equipment used for processing weapons were seized from the unit, he said.
Three persons, identified as Mewalal Vishwakarma, Pradesh Vishwakarma and Rajiv Vishwakarma were arrested from the spot.
Mewalal has been arrested and jailed in the past too for processing illicit weapons and was out on bail, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena