Illegal mining: FIRs against ex-Bihar BJP president
Patna: FIRs have been registered against
former Bihar BJP President Gopal Narayan Singh and 37 others
charging them with involvement in illegal mining operations
and attacking a police force in Basa protected forest in
Superintendent of Police of Rohtas, Manu Maharaj said
today that police force led by him was attacked during raid
against unauthorised mining in Basa protected forest on
The police and state Forest department later lodged FIRs
against Singh, former MLA Pradeep Joshi and 36 others charging
them with illegal mining in protected forest, Maharaj said.
They have been booked under different sections of IPC,
Mines and Minerals Act and other related provisions, the SP
The Forest department has also confiscated tractors, stone
breakers beisdes other vehicle and machines, he said.
Further investigation were on, he said adding the FIRs
have been registered against them during the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire