Illegal mining: FIRs against ex-Bihar BJP president
Patna: FIRs have been registered against
former Bihar BJP President Gopal Narayan Singh and 37 others
charging them with involvement in illegal mining operations
and attacking a police force in Basa protected forest in
Superintendent of Police of Rohtas, Manu Maharaj said
today that police force led by him was attacked during raid
against unauthorised mining in Basa protected forest on
The police and state Forest department later lodged FIRs
against Singh, former MLA Pradeep Joshi and 36 others charging
them with illegal mining in protected forest, Maharaj said.
They have been booked under different sections of IPC,
Mines and Minerals Act and other related provisions, the SP
The Forest department has also confiscated tractors, stone
breakers beisdes other vehicle and machines, he said.
Further investigation were on, he said adding the FIRs
have been registered against them during the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery