Illegal mining: FIRs against ex-Bihar BJP president
Patna: FIRs have been registered against
former Bihar BJP President Gopal Narayan Singh and 37 others
charging them with involvement in illegal mining operations
and attacking a police force in Basa protected forest in
Superintendent of Police of Rohtas, Manu Maharaj said
today that police force led by him was attacked during raid
against unauthorised mining in Basa protected forest on
The police and state Forest department later lodged FIRs
against Singh, former MLA Pradeep Joshi and 36 others charging
them with illegal mining in protected forest, Maharaj said.
They have been booked under different sections of IPC,
Mines and Minerals Act and other related provisions, the SP
The Forest department has also confiscated tractors, stone
breakers beisdes other vehicle and machines, he said.
Further investigation were on, he said adding the FIRs
have been registered against them during the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened