Impressive parade held at Gaya OTA
Gaya: An impressive parade was put on display on Saturday by 41 successful cadets at the Officers Training Academy (OTA) at Gaya before a host of senior Army officials, including the Vice Chief of the Army Staff Lt General SK Singh.
Oozing confidence and commitment to serve the nation, the cadets displayed various skills during the parade that made their parents and senior Army officials proud about the quality and ability of the new crop of officers who will serve the country in course of time.
Lt General Singh, the chief guest at the maiden passing out parade by the cadets at the OTA Gaya, individually met all successful cadets and congratulated them for impressive performance at the parade.
Speaking on the occasion, he asked the cadets to always put the country and service in the armed forces first and said that no amount of discomfort should be allowed to come in the way of their service to the nation.
"You (cadets) should always think of serving the nation with the best of your capacity as the honour of the country comes first," he said.
The availability of comforts either in service or in personal lives should be of less significance to the officers who should always be guided by the motto of the country first, the Vice Chief of the Army Staff said.
Exuding confidence that the new crop of cadets would live up to expectations, he said that the cadets have come through successful after a hard grind during training.
"You will be able to carry on your shoulders the great reputation and tradition of the army and conduct yourself in such a manner that will add glory to the armed forces and will be beneficial to the nation," the senior army official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing