Independent MLA suspended from Bihar Assembly
Patna: Independent MLA from Dehri in Rohtas
district, Jyoti Rahsmi, was on Friday suspended for the remaining
three days of the Budget Session of Bihar Assembly.
The independent MLA entered the well waving placards and
sat on a dharna demanding that the state government order a
CBI inquiry into alleged illegal mining in Rohtas district.
As Speaker Udai Narayan Chudhury`s repeated requests to
the agitated member to return to her seat went unheeded, state
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijendra Yadav brought a
resolution in the house seeking to suspend her for the
remaining three days of the Budget Session of the House, April
2-3 and April 13.
The resolution was later adopted by voice vote.
Earlier, the Independent MLA was suspended twice from the
house for her unruly behaviour and making uncharitable remarks
against the chair.
Opposition RJD opposed the suspension.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord