Independent MLA suspended from Bihar Assembly
Patna: Independent MLA from Dehri in Rohtas
district, Jyoti Rahsmi, was on Friday suspended for the remaining
three days of the Budget Session of Bihar Assembly.
The independent MLA entered the well waving placards and
sat on a dharna demanding that the state government order a
CBI inquiry into alleged illegal mining in Rohtas district.
As Speaker Udai Narayan Chudhury`s repeated requests to
the agitated member to return to her seat went unheeded, state
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijendra Yadav brought a
resolution in the house seeking to suspend her for the
remaining three days of the Budget Session of the House, April
2-3 and April 13.
The resolution was later adopted by voice vote.
Earlier, the Independent MLA was suspended twice from the
house for her unruly behaviour and making uncharitable remarks
against the chair.
Opposition RJD opposed the suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi