Indo-Nepal border road to help SSB personnel keep
Patna: The foundation of a new 552.3 km road on porous Indo-Nepal border in Bihar has been laid and when completed would help security forces guard the border more effectively.
The foundation was laid by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at Supual yesterday.
The two-lane road, which will be parallel to east-west corridor, is first on the unfenced Indo-Nepal borders and would allow Shashtra Seema Bal (SSB) personnel reach border outposts faster and keep a close vigil on borders.
More such roads would be constructed in other states which have borders with Nepal, Shinde said at the foundation laying function.
The porous Indo-Nepal borders have been witnessing rampant trade in fake currency and illegal foreign goods.
The detailed project report of the road at Supaul is ready and work will start soon, Pratya Amrit, Secretary in the Road Construction Department, which is constructing the road, told a news agency.
The road would begin from the border in Uttar Pradesh, pass through seven districts of Bihar and end at the starting point of West Bengal, he said.
The seven Bihar districts through which the new border road will pass are West and East Champaran, Sitamarhi, Madhubani, Supual, Araria and Kisanganj.
The road, a joint venture of Centre and Bihar, would cost Rs 3547.98 crore, out of which the state would provide Rs 1891 crore and the Centre the rest, Amrit said.
According to the DPR there would be eight big bridges, six small ones and 852 culverts along the road built at a cost of Rs 1655.99 which would be borne by the Union government.
The Bihar government has acquired 111 acres for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened