Infighting within Bihar BJP surfaces
Patna: Infighting within Bihar BJP came to the fore Tuesday with former state unit chief C P Thakur slamming his successor Mangal Pandey for constituting a jumbo 174-member working committee in a "unilateral" manner without consulting core committee members.
Thakur said he would urge BJP national president Rajnath Singh to review the selection.
"No consultation with senior leaders, including myself has been made and the core committee was bypassed by the incumbent president in the process for selection of the members of the state working committee," a peeved Thakur told a news agency.
Pandey, considered a protege of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, had last night announced his new team.
Chandramohan Rai, senior state party leader and minister in Nitish Kumar government, is also reportedly unhappy over selection of the new team.
"Unilateral selection of the state working members and announcement of it has been done in gross violation of the laid down practice by the party leadership under which such matters are required to be deliberated by senior party leaders and merits or demerits of all members discussed thoroughly before selection of the names," Thakur said.
Not only was the procedure ignored by Pandey, the core committee comprising senior functionaries and ministers in the NDA government like the health minister Ashwani Chaube, road construction minister Nand Kishore Yadav, former president Radhamohhan Singh and himself were also bypassed in the selection of the state working committee, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city