Injured Patna DSP to be shifted to Delhi hospital
Patna: The Deputy Superintendent of Police
(traffic), who was critically injured after being shot at by
unknown gunmen, would be shifted to a Delhi hospital on Wednesday.
"We have recommended the state police headquarters here
to take him to a higher centre in Delhi for better treatment,"
Patna Medical College and Hospital`s (PMCH) superintendent Dr
O P Choudhary said.
Sashi Bhushan Sharma would be taken to New Delhi by a
service flight in the evening, state police headquarters
Sharma was shot at by unknown gunmen at the posh
Chajjubagh locality in the heart of the town last night,
Additional Director General of Police P K Thakur said.
A profusely bleeding Sharma was taken to PMCH where he
was operated upon and kept under observation at the ICU since
then, Thakur said.
Meanwhile, raids were on in different areas to apprehend
IG (Patna Zone) S Srinivasan has been tasked with
supervising the operation, DGP Neelmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan