Intercity Express coach derails, twelve passenger injured
Begusarai: As many as 12 people were injured on Wednesday when a coach of Danapur-Jainagar Intercity Express derailed near Bachhwara railway station in Bihar`s Begusarai district, official sources said.
An SLR coach of 13226 UP Danapur-Jainagar Intercity Express derailed due to mechanical problems and rammed into an electric post, the sources said.
The driver applied brakes all of a sudden to bring the train to a grinding halt, they said, adding that 12 people, including the guard, sustained injuries even as several passengers jumped off the coach.
Bachhwara Station Manager, Sudhir Rai, and the in-charge of Railway Protection Force`s (RPF) nearby outpost, Ramji Yadav, rushed to the spot and took the injured to a hospital for treatment, the sources said.
Train services have been disrupted due to the incident, they said, adding that efforts were on to remove the coach from the track to normalise the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you