Intercity Express coach derails, twelve passenger injured
Begusarai: As many as 12 people were injured on Wednesday when a coach of Danapur-Jainagar Intercity Express derailed near Bachhwara railway station in Bihar`s Begusarai district, official sources said.
An SLR coach of 13226 UP Danapur-Jainagar Intercity Express derailed due to mechanical problems and rammed into an electric post, the sources said.
The driver applied brakes all of a sudden to bring the train to a grinding halt, they said, adding that 12 people, including the guard, sustained injuries even as several passengers jumped off the coach.
Bachhwara Station Manager, Sudhir Rai, and the in-charge of Railway Protection Force`s (RPF) nearby outpost, Ramji Yadav, rushed to the spot and took the injured to a hospital for treatment, the sources said.
Train services have been disrupted due to the incident, they said, adding that efforts were on to remove the coach from the track to normalise the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city