Intercity Express coach derails, twelve passenger injured
Begusarai: As many as 12 people were injured on Wednesday when a coach of Danapur-Jainagar Intercity Express derailed near Bachhwara railway station in Bihar`s Begusarai district, official sources said.
An SLR coach of 13226 UP Danapur-Jainagar Intercity Express derailed due to mechanical problems and rammed into an electric post, the sources said.
The driver applied brakes all of a sudden to bring the train to a grinding halt, they said, adding that 12 people, including the guard, sustained injuries even as several passengers jumped off the coach.
Bachhwara Station Manager, Sudhir Rai, and the in-charge of Railway Protection Force`s (RPF) nearby outpost, Ramji Yadav, rushed to the spot and took the injured to a hospital for treatment, the sources said.
Train services have been disrupted due to the incident, they said, adding that efforts were on to remove the coach from the track to normalise the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences
- Reasons you should be eating more broccoli!