Intra-party squabbles in Bihar BJP
Patna: Ahead of assembly elections in Bihar,
intra-party squabbles have surfaced in ruling BJP with its
senior leaders, including actor Shatrughan Sinha and
former state president Gopal Narayan Singh charging the party
leadership with "slighting" them.
Sinha, once a star campaigner of the party, was peeved at
being nominated as just a member of the state campaign
committee headed by Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
"A coterie has effectively taken over the party and even
the party national leadership has accepted it without any
interference...we feel sidelined", Sinha said, when approached
for his comment on his inclusion as member of the state
"It is Sushil Kumar Modi who calls the shots within the
party now with the help of some national leaders in Bihar,
another party leader said" pleading anonymity.
Former state BJP president Singh said "Modi is
destroying the party culture with the aim to turn it into his
own pocket borough.
Singh identified Modi as "root cause of the problems
within the BJP in Bihar.
Another senior party leader Chandra Mohan Rai, a former
state minister, said "" I feel thoroughly marginalised in the
present set up...leaders much junior to me are calling the
shots in the party today..I have been a member of the state
election committee since 1995, but I am no more its member
When contacted, state BJP chief C P Thakur admitted
that there were "some problems" within the party "but we are
studying it case by case for reaching a conclusion.
“It will not affect BJP`s poll prospects in
Bihar", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview