Irregular appointment: CBI carries out searches at Bokaro
New Delhi: CBI on Tuesday carried out searches at 35 locations in nine cities in connection with alleged irregularities in appointments of persons related to politicians and a retired judge in the Bokaro Steel Plant.
CBI sources said two cases have been registered in Dhanbad naming former executive Jivesh Mishra and seven others as accused while in the second then General Manager A K Narula has been named as accused with 14 others.
The case relates to alleged irregularities in the appointment process in the steel plant in which relatives of two high-profile politicians-a Rajya Sabha candidate and a former governor--and a retired judge were shown favours.
The sources said searches are being carried out at 35-40 locations in nine cities including Ranchi, Bokaro, Patna, Ara, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Delhi and Mumbai.
They said a case has been registered under provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act and searches are going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker