Jail doctor murder: Nitish transfers top officials
Patna: Admitting that it was a serious
lapse on the part of the jail administration, Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar on Tuesday ordered the transfer of two top officials
in connection with the murder of a doctor by the inmates of
a Gopalganj jail.
"It is a serious lapse on the part of the jail
administration...there are several flaws cited in the inquiry
report," Kumar told reporters.
"I have taken the matter seriously and acted tough on
the basis of the inquiry report of principal secretary (Home)
Amir Subhani into the killing of a doctor in Gopalganj jail by
inmates," he said.
Anand Kishore would be the new IG (Jail) replacing
Ramesh Lal while Pankaj Kumar would be the new district
magistrate of Gopalganj in place of Pankaj Kumar Pal.
Kumar said the state government would provide a
compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the bereaved family. "The state
government will also ensure full salary to the widow of the
doctor upto the age he would have retired had he not died in
harness," he said.
Subhani submitted his inquiry report to the chief
minister last evening.
Buddhadev Singh was assaulted on Sunday by jail
inmates after he went inside to attend a patient.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees