Jail doctor murder: Nitish transfers top officials
Patna: Admitting that it was a serious
lapse on the part of the jail administration, Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar on Tuesday ordered the transfer of two top officials
in connection with the murder of a doctor by the inmates of
a Gopalganj jail.
"It is a serious lapse on the part of the jail
administration...there are several flaws cited in the inquiry
report," Kumar told reporters.
"I have taken the matter seriously and acted tough on
the basis of the inquiry report of principal secretary (Home)
Amir Subhani into the killing of a doctor in Gopalganj jail by
inmates," he said.
Anand Kishore would be the new IG (Jail) replacing
Ramesh Lal while Pankaj Kumar would be the new district
magistrate of Gopalganj in place of Pankaj Kumar Pal.
Kumar said the state government would provide a
compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the bereaved family. "The state
government will also ensure full salary to the widow of the
doctor upto the age he would have retired had he not died in
harness," he said.
Subhani submitted his inquiry report to the chief
minister last evening.
Buddhadev Singh was assaulted on Sunday by jail
inmates after he went inside to attend a patient.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations