Jail superintendent arrested on graft charge
Patna: A divisional jail superintendent in Bihar`s Jehenabad district was arrested today by the Vigilance department sleuths on graft charges.
Acting on a complaint, the vigilance team laid a trap and caught the jail official Arvind Kumar Mishra red handed while accepting Rs 50,000 as bribe from the complainant, Director General of Police, Vigilance P K Thakur said.
The vigilance team was headed by deputy superintendent of police Vijay Pratap Singh and the complaint was made by Mintu Ranjan from whom the jail superintendent had sought the bribe for not subjecting her husband Amitabh to torture in the divisional jail, where he has been lodged following his arrest in a criminal case.
Mishra had threatened to transfer Amitabh to a central jail or to a cell for Maoists if she failed to pay the bribe, the complainant said.
The vigilance department has so far laid 28 traps and arrested 30 accused people this year, Thakur added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation