Jail superintendent arrested on graft charge
Patna: A divisional jail superintendent in Bihar`s Jehenabad district was arrested today by the Vigilance department sleuths on graft charges.
Acting on a complaint, the vigilance team laid a trap and caught the jail official Arvind Kumar Mishra red handed while accepting Rs 50,000 as bribe from the complainant, Director General of Police, Vigilance P K Thakur said.
The vigilance team was headed by deputy superintendent of police Vijay Pratap Singh and the complaint was made by Mintu Ranjan from whom the jail superintendent had sought the bribe for not subjecting her husband Amitabh to torture in the divisional jail, where he has been lodged following his arrest in a criminal case.
Mishra had threatened to transfer Amitabh to a central jail or to a cell for Maoists if she failed to pay the bribe, the complainant said.
The vigilance department has so far laid 28 traps and arrested 30 accused people this year, Thakur added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand