Japanese couple weds Hindu style in Bodh Gaya
Patna: A Japanese couple tied the knot in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya, a holy town for Buddhists, in Hindu style to send a message of peace and harmony to the world.
"We came to Bodh Gaya all the way from Tokyo to get married to send the message of love, peace and harmony," the couple said.
Massako Kawada, 31, clad in traditional red saree, wedded 32-year-old Kazenori Araki on Thursday amid much fanfare at a temple in Bodh Gaya, about 110 km from here.
"The marriage was solemnised with the bride and groom taking the ritualistic seven rounds of the fire and the groom applying vermilion in her (bride) hair parting," Shreekant Pandey, a local Hindu priest who conducted wedding, told IANS over telephone.
The ceremony was attended by close relatives of the bride and the groom, some tourists and locals.
"There was much merry-making with the locals dancing, singing and drinking wine to celebrate the marriage," Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan