Japanese tourist`s gangrape: Another accused held
Gaya: Another key accused in the 2010 gang
rape case of a Japanese tourist in Bihar`s Gaya district was
arrested on Thursday, the police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a house under Mohanpur
police station area in the district and arrested Lutan Yadav,
the driver of the auto-rickshaw, the police said.
He was later sent to jail, they said.
After absconding for over six months, the main accused
Ranjan Yadav was arrested by the police last week from
Paranpur village, about 100 km from Gaya.
The 25-year-old Japanese tourist was allegedly raped near
Bodh Gaya by five people, including the auto rickshaw driver,
on April 16 last year when she was on her way to the Gaya
According to police, three of the five accused had been
arrested and awarded life imprisonment after speedy trial
within a fortnight after the incident.
Shocked over the incident, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar had then announced that a speedy trial would be
conducted in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands