Japanese tourist`s gangrape: Another accused held
Gaya: Another key accused in the 2010 gang
rape case of a Japanese tourist in Bihar`s Gaya district was
arrested on Thursday, the police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a house under Mohanpur
police station area in the district and arrested Lutan Yadav,
the driver of the auto-rickshaw, the police said.
He was later sent to jail, they said.
After absconding for over six months, the main accused
Ranjan Yadav was arrested by the police last week from
Paranpur village, about 100 km from Gaya.
The 25-year-old Japanese tourist was allegedly raped near
Bodh Gaya by five people, including the auto rickshaw driver,
on April 16 last year when she was on her way to the Gaya
According to police, three of the five accused had been
arrested and awarded life imprisonment after speedy trial
within a fortnight after the incident.
Shocked over the incident, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar had then announced that a speedy trial would be
conducted in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video