Japanese tourist`s gangrape: Another accused held
Gaya: Another key accused in the 2010 gang
rape case of a Japanese tourist in Bihar`s Gaya district was
arrested on Thursday, the police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a house under Mohanpur
police station area in the district and arrested Lutan Yadav,
the driver of the auto-rickshaw, the police said.
He was later sent to jail, they said.
After absconding for over six months, the main accused
Ranjan Yadav was arrested by the police last week from
Paranpur village, about 100 km from Gaya.
The 25-year-old Japanese tourist was allegedly raped near
Bodh Gaya by five people, including the auto rickshaw driver,
on April 16 last year when she was on her way to the Gaya
According to police, three of the five accused had been
arrested and awarded life imprisonment after speedy trial
within a fortnight after the incident.
Shocked over the incident, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar had then announced that a speedy trial would be
conducted in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack