Japanese tourist`s gangrape: Another accused held
Gaya: Another key accused in the 2010 gang
rape case of a Japanese tourist in Bihar`s Gaya district was
arrested on Thursday, the police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a house under Mohanpur
police station area in the district and arrested Lutan Yadav,
the driver of the auto-rickshaw, the police said.
He was later sent to jail, they said.
After absconding for over six months, the main accused
Ranjan Yadav was arrested by the police last week from
Paranpur village, about 100 km from Gaya.
The 25-year-old Japanese tourist was allegedly raped near
Bodh Gaya by five people, including the auto rickshaw driver,
on April 16 last year when she was on her way to the Gaya
According to police, three of the five accused had been
arrested and awarded life imprisonment after speedy trial
within a fortnight after the incident.
Shocked over the incident, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar had then announced that a speedy trial would be
conducted in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez