JD-U invites Shatrughan Sinha to join party
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Sunday invited BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the party, a day after his BJP asked him to show restraint while praising Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as it was "harming the party`s interest".
JD-U spokesperson Sanjay Singh said that JD-U`s door is always open for Sinha.
"He can join the JD-U any time, we will welcome him in our fold," he told media persons here.
Sinha, who is MP from Patna Saheb in Bihar, last Tuesday said that Nitish Kumar is a real prime minister material and praised him.
Unhappy over his statement in public in support of Nitish Kumar, BJP`s top leadership has asked him not to praise Nitish Kumar or speak about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a manner that raises eyebrows in the party.
Modi is the chief of campaign committee of Bharatiya Janata Party for the 2014 elections, while Nitish Kumar`s JD-U has snapped its ties with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes