JD-U invites Shatrughan Sinha to join party
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Sunday invited BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the party, a day after his BJP asked him to show restraint while praising Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as it was "harming the party`s interest".
JD-U spokesperson Sanjay Singh said that JD-U`s door is always open for Sinha.
"He can join the JD-U any time, we will welcome him in our fold," he told media persons here.
Sinha, who is MP from Patna Saheb in Bihar, last Tuesday said that Nitish Kumar is a real prime minister material and praised him.
Unhappy over his statement in public in support of Nitish Kumar, BJP`s top leadership has asked him not to praise Nitish Kumar or speak about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a manner that raises eyebrows in the party.
Modi is the chief of campaign committee of Bharatiya Janata Party for the 2014 elections, while Nitish Kumar`s JD-U has snapped its ties with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary
- Pooja Rani ousted, no 2016 Rio Olympic quota for Indian women boxers
- Modi government's two years in power disastrous: Congress
- Heat wave returns to Odisha
- Beware! 'Silent' heart attacks may increase risk of death by three times: Research