JD-U invites Shatrughan Sinha to join party
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Sunday invited BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the party, a day after his BJP asked him to show restraint while praising Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as it was "harming the party`s interest".
JD-U spokesperson Sanjay Singh said that JD-U`s door is always open for Sinha.
"He can join the JD-U any time, we will welcome him in our fold," he told media persons here.
Sinha, who is MP from Patna Saheb in Bihar, last Tuesday said that Nitish Kumar is a real prime minister material and praised him.
Unhappy over his statement in public in support of Nitish Kumar, BJP`s top leadership has asked him not to praise Nitish Kumar or speak about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a manner that raises eyebrows in the party.
Modi is the chief of campaign committee of Bharatiya Janata Party for the 2014 elections, while Nitish Kumar`s JD-U has snapped its ties with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker