JD-U invites Shatrughan Sinha to join party
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Sunday invited BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the party, a day after his BJP asked him to show restraint while praising Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as it was "harming the party`s interest".
JD-U spokesperson Sanjay Singh said that JD-U`s door is always open for Sinha.
"He can join the JD-U any time, we will welcome him in our fold," he told media persons here.
Sinha, who is MP from Patna Saheb in Bihar, last Tuesday said that Nitish Kumar is a real prime minister material and praised him.
Unhappy over his statement in public in support of Nitish Kumar, BJP`s top leadership has asked him not to praise Nitish Kumar or speak about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a manner that raises eyebrows in the party.
Modi is the chief of campaign committee of Bharatiya Janata Party for the 2014 elections, while Nitish Kumar`s JD-U has snapped its ties with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'