JD-U leader files defamation case against Lalu
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Sanjay Singh on Monday filed a defamation case against Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad for allegedly using unparliamentary language against him.
Sanjay Singh, who is also JD-U spokesperson, filed the defamation case against the former Bihar chief minister in the Patna civil court.
"I have filed a case against Lalu Prasad," Sanjay Singh told a news agency.
Lalu Prasad had allegedly described Sanjay Singh and another JD-U leader Sanjay Jha as "alsatian" at his Parivartan Rally in the Bihar capital last week.
The RJD chief had launched a scathing attack against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for rampant corruption, bribery and rising incidents of rape in the state and said he would throw him out of power in the next elections.
"People of the state are looking for a change (parivartan) and the RJD will oust Nitish Kumar from power," Lalu Prasad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus