JD-U leader to discuss alliance with Lalu Prasad Yadav today
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Janata Dal-United state president Vashsisht Narain Singh will on Tuesday meet Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in New Delhi, a day after announcing that JD-U will contest the polls with the RJD to defeat the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Earlier this week, top leaders of Bihar`s ruling JD-U and the RJD strongly favoured an alliance between them in a bid to defeat "communal forces" in the state.
The Janata Dal-United has already announced that it would contest the by-elections to 10 Assembly seats in Bihar with the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
On Monday, the JD-U state president told the media that his party has sent feelers to the RJD for an alliance but was yet to get a reply.
Former chief minister Rabri Devi also said an alliance between the JD-U and the RJD was a must to defeat the BJP.
The view was echoed by RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui.
Last month, the RJD supported the JD-U`s two candidates in the Rajya Sabha by-election.
The JD-U and RJD, which parted ways in 1994, are coming together after the BJP swept the Lok Sabha polls in Bihar.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city