JD-U leader to discuss alliance with Lalu Prasad Yadav today
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Janata Dal-United state president Vashsisht Narain Singh will on Tuesday meet Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in New Delhi, a day after announcing that JD-U will contest the polls with the RJD to defeat the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Earlier this week, top leaders of Bihar`s ruling JD-U and the RJD strongly favoured an alliance between them in a bid to defeat "communal forces" in the state.
The Janata Dal-United has already announced that it would contest the by-elections to 10 Assembly seats in Bihar with the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
On Monday, the JD-U state president told the media that his party has sent feelers to the RJD for an alliance but was yet to get a reply.
Former chief minister Rabri Devi also said an alliance between the JD-U and the RJD was a must to defeat the BJP.
The view was echoed by RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui.
Last month, the RJD supported the JD-U`s two candidates in the Rajya Sabha by-election.
The JD-U and RJD, which parted ways in 1994, are coming together after the BJP swept the Lok Sabha polls in Bihar.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more