JD-U MLC threatens to snap ties with BJP
Patna: JD(U) MLC Devesh Chandra Thakur Tuesday said his party would sever ties with the BJP if the latter projected a `communal` person as the party`s prime ministerial candidate in next Lok Sabha election in an an apparent reference to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"JD(U) will not comprise its secular credentials and never accept a communal person to be projected by the BJP for the prime minister`s post," the JD(U) MLC and a confidant of the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said.
"Kumar is not in the race for the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate and he has said so in advance and ruled himself out, he said.
Thakur`s stock in the JD(U) skyrocketted after he had successfully intervened to mollify the MNS chief Raj Thackarey who had dared the Bihar Chief Minister to hold with the Bihar Diwas functions in Mumbai in March this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog