JD-U MLC threatens to snap ties with BJP
Patna: JD(U) MLC Devesh Chandra Thakur Tuesday said his party would sever ties with the BJP if the latter projected a `communal` person as the party`s prime ministerial candidate in next Lok Sabha election in an an apparent reference to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"JD(U) will not comprise its secular credentials and never accept a communal person to be projected by the BJP for the prime minister`s post," the JD(U) MLC and a confidant of the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said.
"Kumar is not in the race for the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate and he has said so in advance and ruled himself out, he said.
Thakur`s stock in the JD(U) skyrocketted after he had successfully intervened to mollify the MNS chief Raj Thackarey who had dared the Bihar Chief Minister to hold with the Bihar Diwas functions in Mumbai in March this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi