JD-U MLC threatens to snap ties with BJP
Patna: JD(U) MLC Devesh Chandra Thakur Tuesday said his party would sever ties with the BJP if the latter projected a `communal` person as the party`s prime ministerial candidate in next Lok Sabha election in an an apparent reference to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"JD(U) will not comprise its secular credentials and never accept a communal person to be projected by the BJP for the prime minister`s post," the JD(U) MLC and a confidant of the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said.
"Kumar is not in the race for the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate and he has said so in advance and ruled himself out, he said.
Thakur`s stock in the JD(U) skyrocketted after he had successfully intervened to mollify the MNS chief Raj Thackarey who had dared the Bihar Chief Minister to hold with the Bihar Diwas functions in Mumbai in March this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights