JD-U MLC threatens to snap ties with BJP
Patna: JD(U) MLC Devesh Chandra Thakur Tuesday said his party would sever ties with the BJP if the latter projected a `communal` person as the party`s prime ministerial candidate in next Lok Sabha election in an an apparent reference to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"JD(U) will not comprise its secular credentials and never accept a communal person to be projected by the BJP for the prime minister`s post," the JD(U) MLC and a confidant of the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said.
"Kumar is not in the race for the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate and he has said so in advance and ruled himself out, he said.
Thakur`s stock in the JD(U) skyrocketted after he had successfully intervened to mollify the MNS chief Raj Thackarey who had dared the Bihar Chief Minister to hold with the Bihar Diwas functions in Mumbai in March this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India