`JD-U to fight Assembly polls in Bihar in tie-up with BJP`
Chennai: Notwithstanding the strains in their relations with BJP, JD(U) will fight next year`s elections in Bihar in alliance with the saffron outfit, party`s national president Sharad Yadav said on Saturday.
"Alliance with the BJP is an old one. We will fight the elections from the same alliance and we will work out the seat adjustments," he told reporters here.
He described as "media speculation" reports of alleged differences between the two parties over seat-sharing.
Yadav, also convenor of the BJP-led NDA, however, parried questions on senior BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, when asked if the two would jointly campaign for elections.
Relations between the two parties had hit a low recently when Kumar had objected to an advertising blitz by the BJP showing him with Modi, forcing him to cancel a dinner
he was scheduled to host for the BJP leaders in Patna.
To a question on Patna High Court ordering a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities in execution of welfare and developmental schemes including the MNREGA, he said he would react after "reading the verdict."
He however denied it had "dented" his party`s image ahead of elections. "Our image is not so weak. We believe in transparency. I will read the verdict and react," he said.
Hitting out at the UPA for its "all-round failure", he said it had failed on many fronts including controlling prices, corruption and blamed the taxation policy for the fuel
price hike. Charging UPA allies including DMK with indulging in corruption, he, however, spared Trinamool Congress and its chief Mamata Banerjee.
He said opposition parties will raise the issue of price rise in Parliament in the coming session.
Criticising the attack on a TV station, allegedly by RSS workers in New Delhi yesterday, he said violence had no place in a democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!