JD(U) alleges `collusion` between Lalu and Modi
Patna: The JD(U) on Tuesday alleged "collusion" between Lalu Prasad and Narendra Modi and said due to their growing closeness, the RJD president was helping the latter in collecting iron from Bihar for construction of an iron statue of Sardar Patel, a pet project of Modi.
"Lalu Prasad through his close confidante and Chairman of cooperative Biscoman Sunil Kumar Singh is getting iron collected from Bihar to donate it to Modi for construction of Sardar Patel statue in Gujarat," JD(U) general secretary and Bihar Minister Shyam Rajak told reporters.
The Biscoman chairman was among three heads of cooperatives from Bihar who had visited Gujarat on invitation of Narendra Modi in which he told them to collect iron for constructing a giant size statue of Sardar Patel through PACs (Primary Agriculture Cooperatives)," Rajak said.
"On return, the BISCOMAN Chairman with the blessings of RJD president has started collection of iron," Rajak, once a senior leader of RJD and a close supporter of Lalu Prasad who crossed over to JD(U) before 2010 Assembly polls, said.
JD(U) state party spokesman and MLC Sanjay Singh, who accompanied Rajak in the press meet, alleged that the RJD chief is regularly in touch with Modi over phone.
"This can be made out by taking out call details of their phones," Singh said.
Singh, who also crossed to JD(U) from LJP of Ramvilas Paswan, said that "Lalu and Modi have reached an understanding and only a formal announcement is left."
Many JD(U) leaders have alleged that ever since Congress showed interest in Nitish Kumar after he broke away from BJP, a peeved Lalu Prasad was coming close to Narendra Modi, BJP`s face in 2014 Parliamentary elections.
Rajak charged Narendra Modi of "insulting" Sardar Patel by constructing his statue out of iron which develops rust instead of in bronze, ashtadhatu, plaster of paris as customarily done.
The JD(U) general secretary alleged that Modi was doing this to "avenge" Sardar Patel who had ordered a ban on RSS in 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off