JD(U), BJP in `friendly fight`: Rabri Devi
Patna: Taking dim view of the ongoing war of words between JD(U) and BJP, former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi on Tuesday said the two estranged allies were orchestrating a `friendly fight` with each other to distract attention from the real issues.
"The two estranged allies are deliberately playing out a friendly fight to distract public attention from the real issues in Bihar," she said in a statement.
JD(U) and BJP looted Bihar during their rule of over seven and half years and when it came to accounting for their performance, these two parties have `deliberately orchestrated` a `friendly fight` between them, she said.
The senior RJD leader, who is guiding the party in the absence of her incarcerated husband Lalu Prasad, said it would expose the `nefarious designs` of both JD(U) and BJP and claimed that the people will be befooled by the `diversionary tactics` of the two former allies.
There was no guarantee that JD(U) and BJP will not join forces again in future, she said.
Attacking Nitish Kumar, she alleged the Chief Minister shared "cosy relations" with BJP patriarch LK Advani, whom he had openly described as his idol.
She further claimed that Kumar in the past had been in good terms with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate and his now bete noire Narendra Modi and had even asked him to play a role in national politics despite 2002 Gujarat riots.
Rabri alleged that development and governance have been a casuality in Bihar as the chief minister was not keen to expand his ministry.
Hitting out at Kumar for it, she wondered what was the need of a chief minister when he thought that there was no need for ministers to run the various departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter