JD(U)-BJP MLAs seek action against RJD leaders over SIT probe
Patna: After witnessing ruckus over contractual teachers issue in the Bihar Assembly earlier on Friday, the ruling JD(U) and BJP MLAs trained guns at opposition RJD seeking action against its leaders involved in the attack on Chief Minister`s convoy at Khagaria last year.
While the treasury bench members referred the matter during Question Hour to counter the slogan shouting opposition, the issue was prominently raised during the zero hour by Poonam Devi Yadav, a JD(U) MLA from Khagaria.
Yadav demanded a CBI probe against RJD leaders whose names appeared in SIT probe into September 27 attack on Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s convoy during `Adhikar yatra` and lamented that the inquiry did not include names of those persons whom she alleged were associated with main opposition party and had opened fire on her car while they were returning from the yatra on that day.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Bihar police probing violent protests during CM`s yatra at Khagaria on September 27 last year had found the role of RJD leaders Ramkripal Yadav (MP) and Pappu Yadav in the incident as `doubtful`.
The final report of the committee was submitted to the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), Khagaria, Trilokinath Tripathi by SIT yesterday in which 37 persons were chargesheeted including a majority of local leaders and workers of RJD, LJP, NCP and CPI-ML and over a dozen contractual teachers.
JD(U) chief whip Shrawan Kumar told the House about a RJD leader seeking extortion money from government officials in Bhojpur district and sought lawful action, while party MLA Ramdhani Singh alleged attack on his house at Rohtas yesterday allegedly by opposition party leaders.
Minister in-charge of home Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said that the government would make a detailed statement over all these issues on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17