JD(U), BJP, RJD, LJP, Congress face revolt in Bihar
Patna: All the major political parties in Bihar, be it the ruling JD-U-BJP, or the RJD-LJP combine, face gradual revolt within their respective rank and file over denial of party nominations to prospective candidates of their choice.
The ruling JD(U) which released its first list of 54 candidates for the 92 seats going to polls in the first and second phase in Bihar on October 21 and October 24, is
grappling with dissent over allotment of tickets to the kin of the rebel leaders, party sources said.
After the party`s Lok Sabha member from Muzaffarpur Capt Jai Narain Nishad slammed the party leadership for refusing his request for giving a ticket to his son to contest the assembly polls, another MP Purnamasi Ram has announced that he will campaign for the Congress "as the tickets have been distributed without consultation with MPs".
Similarly, another senior party leader Upendra Kushwaha, MP, has purportedly resigned as national general secretary of the party in protest against his being ignored
for consultation on ticket distribution for some seats in Vaishali and Samastipur.
As the ruling party released its list yesterday, a group of party workers held demonstration at their office charging the leadership with neglecting the genuine party
workers in allotment of tickets and symbols to those who recently switched over to the party from the RJD and LJP.
While two sitting MLAs-- Dilkeshwar Kamat and Manzar Alam have been denied tickets in yesterday`s list, the party has given tickets to five turncoats mostly from RJD and LJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers