JD(U)-BJP split not real: Rabri Devi
Patna: The split between JD(U) and BJP was not real and was intended to fool the people in the run up to next year`s Lok Sabha elections, senior RJD leader Rabri Devi said on Saturday.
The JD(U) and BJP went separate ways under a calibrated plan to divide the people of Bihar on secular and communal lines for electoral benefit with a pledge to join hands again after the general elections, she claimed.
Attacking Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the former Chief Minister said he was creating hype about development as if the state was shining, but the claim would fall flat in the next general elections as had happened with the then NDA government in 2004.
Rabri also alleged that RJD supremo Lalu Prasad was framed by adversaries in the fodder scam case, while those who actually took money were roaming free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...