JD(U) Core Committee meeting at CM house in Bihar
Patna: Gearing up for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Bihar`s ruling JD(U) on Friday held a meeting of its core committee to firm up the political strategy and to give "befitting" reply to opposition BJP which has been publicly criticising the government in which it was a partner.
The meeting, held at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar residence and attended by state and central leaders of the party, decided to call an extended state executive committee meet here on July 7 to discuss the strategy, state JD(U) President Bashist Narayan Singh told reporters.
All ministers, MPs, MLAs,MLCs and party office-bearers would participate in the July 7 meeting to discuss the future course of action, Singh added.
The meeting would discuss the party`s programmes so that workers could propagate them among the people.
The core committee meeting was attended by JD(U) leader in Rajya Sabha Shivanand Tiwari, several MPs including Ali Anwar, Monazir Hassan, Shabir Ali, state ministers Vijay Chaudhary, Brishen Patel, Shyam Rajak and others.
JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav was not part of the meeting.
A senior state minister, on condition of anonymity, said the meeting deliberated on BJP`s going ballistic against JD(U), with which it had shared power till 10 days ago, and decided to give a "befitting" reply to them.
"We will give feed back to party workers to make people aware of welfare work done by Nitish Kumar for them," a MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video