JD(U) Delhi rally not a move to form alliance: Sharad Yadav
Rajgir: The JD(U) on Monday said the scheduled October 30 `anti-communal rally` in Delhi, in which about 20 parties, opposed to both Congress and BJP, would take part, was not an attempt to form a `Third Front`.
"We are not engaged in alliance making process either with Congress or for the formation of Third Front," JD(U) president Sharad Yadav said while addressing the party`s convention here.
JD(U) was concentrating on strengthening itself to perform well in the forthcoming Lok Sabha election, he said.
Around 20 parties opposed to the Congress and BJP would attend the `anti-communal rally` and discuss the danger of communalism, Yadav said, adding, that except Trinamool Congress, BSP and YSR Congress, most of the regional and left parties would attend the rally.
The JD(U)`s two-day convention to chalk-out a political strategy began here a day after BJP`s prime-ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Patna. Six persons were killed in serial blasts in and around the venue of the rally.
Yadav rubbished Modi`s charge of the party moving away from the ideology of Jaiprakash Narayan and Ram Manohar Lohiya, saying, "We are working hard to realise their dreams on the ground."
The party president refused to comment on future political career of jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad but said this would not have happened had he remained with us.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will address the concluding session of the meet tomorrow afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy