JD(U) distances itself from Tiwari`s remarks again
New Delhi: Key NDA ally JD(U) on Tuesday distanced itself from its spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari`s remarks that RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi were "two sides of the same coin", saying they were his personal views.
JD(U) also ruled out any disciplinary action against Tiwari.
"I would like to make it clear that the views expressed by Tiwari were his own and without any consent from the party," JD(U) Chief Sharad Yadav told reporters here.
Tiwari, who is also JD(U)`s general secretary, said yesterday that Bhagwat and MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi were "two sides of the same coin". Owaisi is facing multiple cases in HYderabad for his alleged "hate speech".
He had also lashed out at the RSS chief for his views on women and marriage as a social contract between a man and his wife.
"These were his (Tiwari`s) personal statements and the party has nothing to do with it," Yadav said.
Yadav also referred to Tiwari`s criticism of him for supporting Khap panchayats.
"I don`t have any problem with what he (Tiwari) said against me. Our party promotes discussions on several issues. Be it me or anyone else, I don`t have any issues," Yadav said.
Asked to comment on BJP`s sharp reaction against Tiwari`s utterances, he said, "We need to ensure that feelings of those who work with us are not hurt. Such things should not happen. We have an old coalition with BJP which will continue in future also."
The JD(U) chief also said that the controversy on this issue should come to an end now, as both BJP and RSS leaders have explained their stand in detail.
On Tiwari comparing Bhagwat with Owaisi, he said, "So many different statements are made in our country."
He demanded strict action against Owaisi for making inflammatory speeches.
Clarifying his stand on Khap panchayats, Yadav said he has never supported such practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi