JD(U) expels 2 rebel MLAs for challenging official candidates
Patna: JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday expelled two party MLAs in the outgoing Bihar Assembly and several rebel candidates for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
"Yadav expelled MLAs Bilat Paswan and Muralidhar Mandal and some rebel candidates for contesting the polls as independent candidates against official NDA nominees," state
JD(U) general secretary Ravindra Singh said in a press statement.
JD(U) Madhubani district vice-president Seema Devi, Purnia district general secretary Vimal Mandal, Katihar district vice-president Radha Oraon, Darbhanga district
general secretary Saroj Choudhary, Muzaffarpur district general secretary Krishna Choudhary were among the others expelled.
Yadav has also expelled rebels Shivnath Choudhary, Manju Devi, Rajkishore Sinha, Umesh Kushwaha, Badri Paswan, Kusum Devi and Jamadar Ram on similar grounds, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites