JD(U) expels 2 rebel MLAs for challenging official candidates
Patna: JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday expelled two party MLAs in the outgoing Bihar Assembly and several rebel candidates for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
"Yadav expelled MLAs Bilat Paswan and Muralidhar Mandal and some rebel candidates for contesting the polls as independent candidates against official NDA nominees," state
JD(U) general secretary Ravindra Singh said in a press statement.
JD(U) Madhubani district vice-president Seema Devi, Purnia district general secretary Vimal Mandal, Katihar district vice-president Radha Oraon, Darbhanga district
general secretary Saroj Choudhary, Muzaffarpur district general secretary Krishna Choudhary were among the others expelled.
Yadav has also expelled rebels Shivnath Choudhary, Manju Devi, Rajkishore Sinha, Umesh Kushwaha, Badri Paswan, Kusum Devi and Jamadar Ram on similar grounds, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'