JD(U) expels 2 rebel MLAs for challenging official candidates
Patna: JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday expelled two party MLAs in the outgoing Bihar Assembly and several rebel candidates for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
"Yadav expelled MLAs Bilat Paswan and Muralidhar Mandal and some rebel candidates for contesting the polls as independent candidates against official NDA nominees," state
JD(U) general secretary Ravindra Singh said in a press statement.
JD(U) Madhubani district vice-president Seema Devi, Purnia district general secretary Vimal Mandal, Katihar district vice-president Radha Oraon, Darbhanga district
general secretary Saroj Choudhary, Muzaffarpur district general secretary Krishna Choudhary were among the others expelled.
Yadav has also expelled rebels Shivnath Choudhary, Manju Devi, Rajkishore Sinha, Umesh Kushwaha, Badri Paswan, Kusum Devi and Jamadar Ram on similar grounds, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on Nigerian student not racial crime, have arrested accused, says Hyderabad Police; MEA seeks report
- Air India wooing fliers with ''all-inclusive'' low fares at Rs 1,499
- Planning to visit Rishikesh this summer? Here's how you can reach there!
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav - HC likely to take final call today
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke