JD(U) fields Bihar Speaker against Meira Kumar in Sasaram
New Delhi: The Janata Dal (United) on Saturday fielded Bihar Assembly Speaker Uday Narain Chowdhary and former bureaucrat KP Ramaiah from Sasaram and Jamui constituencies respectively for the Lok Sabha elections.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar is the Congress candidate from Sasaram which she represents in the Lok Sabha.
The JD(U), which rules Bihar, also declared the candidature of Baagi Kumar Verma from Aurangabad, Mahabali Singh from Karakat, Jeetan Ram Manjhi from Gaya and Kaushal Yadav from Nawada.
Except for Mahabali Singh, a sitting MP, JD (U) has fielded new candidates for rest of the five seats.
Sasaram, Karakat, Aurangabad, Gaya, Nawada and Jamui constituencies will go for polls on April 10.
The party also fielded its Jharkhand unit chief Jaleshwar Hahato from Giridh and Mahesh Yadav from Chatra in Jharkhand.
It also declared candidates for four seats in Narendra Modi-ruled Gujarat and one each in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Jeetan Ram Manjhi is a minister in the Nitish Kumar government.
JD(U) is contesting 38 of 40 eats in alliance with CPI. The CPI is contesting on two seats -- Begusarai and Banka.
JD(U)`s Monazir Hassan is the sitting MP from Begusarai. Since the seat has been given to CPI under the alliance agreement, JD(U) is likely to field him from another seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India