JD(U) flays Cong for terrible condition of Dalits
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Shivanand on Sunday
alleged that Congress had done nothing for the uplift of the
Dalits in the country.
"Congress has done precious little to ameliorate
the condition of the Dalit people despite the fact that this
section of the society has been its vote bank since
independence," Tiwari told a seminar here.
Tiwari said it was deplorable that a section of the
Dalits were cleaning human excreta and said that the
governments should have done something to end this inhuman
Expressing happiness for the constitution of the
Mahadalit Commission in Bihar, he urged the government to set
up a special fund dedicated to development and welfare of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!