JD(U) flays Cong for terrible condition of Dalits
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Shivanand on Sunday
alleged that Congress had done nothing for the uplift of the
Dalits in the country.
"Congress has done precious little to ameliorate
the condition of the Dalit people despite the fact that this
section of the society has been its vote bank since
independence," Tiwari told a seminar here.
Tiwari said it was deplorable that a section of the
Dalits were cleaning human excreta and said that the
governments should have done something to end this inhuman
Expressing happiness for the constitution of the
Mahadalit Commission in Bihar, he urged the government to set
up a special fund dedicated to development and welfare of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi