JD(U) flays Cong for terrible condition of Dalits
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Shivanand on Sunday
alleged that Congress had done nothing for the uplift of the
Dalits in the country.
"Congress has done precious little to ameliorate
the condition of the Dalit people despite the fact that this
section of the society has been its vote bank since
independence," Tiwari told a seminar here.
Tiwari said it was deplorable that a section of the
Dalits were cleaning human excreta and said that the
governments should have done something to end this inhuman
Expressing happiness for the constitution of the
Mahadalit Commission in Bihar, he urged the government to set
up a special fund dedicated to development and welfare of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister